With the 2022/2023 patrolling season just around the corner it’s time to hop back into the water in preparation for this year’s requal. Requal is a chance to refresh all the knowledge that we’ve put to the back of our minds over winter and prepare ourselves for the coming season.
All active members must complete their requalification before January 1st to remain proficient.
You are required to requal to remain proficient if you hold any of the following awards:
- Bronze Medallion
- Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC)
- First Aid – not at requal but by attending an update course: Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
- IRB Crew Certificate
- IRB Driver
- Silver Medallion
- Gold Medallion (must also requal Bronze Medallion)
There are three steps to requalification:
STEP 1 – RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Before you attend a requal you MUST be a financial member
Visit the membership page for all the information on how to pay your membership. It is not possible for a requal to be processed for members who are not financial for season 2022/2023.
STEP 2 – REGISTER FOR A SKILLS MAINTENANCE SESSION AND COMPLETE ONLINE THEORY PAPER
Before you attend a skills maintenance session, you MUST have already completed the theory component and enrolled in a practical session.
This is done online at: LSV From Anywhere
- Google: LSV From Anywhere
- Select: Skills Maintenance
- Login or Register (using your SLSA member portal username and password)
- Complete your relevant online theory component for Bronze, SRC, IRB Driver and Crew, Advanced Resuscitation Techniques.
- Book into the skills maintenance practical session you’d like to attend for ALL AWARDS.
- Print out certificate as evidence of completion and take with you to the practical skills maintenance session. If you cannot print it out a screenshot or photo on a phone is adequate.
STEP 3 – SKILLS MAINTENANCE – IN-PERSON ASSESSMENT
After booking in online you will need to complete a Skills Maintenance Assessment (Requal) at one of the dates and times listed in the booking system.
The assessment is on land and in the water so bring all the necessary gear!
Please note that ALL IRB Crew and Drivers MUST complete a practical demonstration of skills this season for requal. This is an LSV requirement and a log book record of hours will no longer be accepted. Marine license must all be sighted at requal for IRB drivers.
ALL MEMBERS OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE MUST BRING THEIR WORKING WITH CHILDREN CARD (OR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION IF NOT YET RECEIVED) TO BE SIGHTED AT REGISTRATION.
The sessions available to Fairhaven Members are listed in full on the booking system. The most relevant ones are:
|DATE & TIME
|Sun 4th Dec @ 10am-12pm, 12:30pm-2:30pm
|Sat 10th Dec @ 10am-12pm
|Sun 18th Dec @ 10am-12pm
|Tues 27th Dec @ 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, 2pm-4pm
All skills maintenance sessions will cover all awards unless specified otherwise.
If you have any issues with dates and times or have any questions, please contact VP Training and Assessment Alex Schwarcz or Julia Clarke at [email protected], or Club Captain Liam O’Callaghan at [email protected].