Please see the latest advice from Life Saving Victoria in relation to Patrol protocols.
Life Saving Victoria have formulated this advice in conjunction with Emergency Services Victoria and Government agencies.
Although we won’t see each other over Easter – the Easter Haven will be published shortly.
Stay safe, stay well and stay active in the confines of your home!
President – Fairhaven SLSC
A message from the Lifesaving Operations Team
Following on from the communication that was sent out on Sunday, Life Saving Victoria has further amended the patrol protocols for Surf Life Saving Clubs:
The Operations Team has liaised directly with the Patrol Captain for this weekend, and four members have been allocated to each day – these individuals have been contacted already, and we are incredibly grateful for their continued service during this challenging period.
Importantly, if you are not one of these members who have been contacted directly, do not attend the Fairhaven Surf Life Saving Club at any point over the weekend.
The applicable requirements for Fairhaven SLSC are summarised below:
- four people maximum
- no COVID-19 impacted members, or members that are in a high-risk category
- all members on patrol to be aged between 18-65 years old
- Bronze Medallion award
- 1 x IRB driver
- 1 x IRB crew
- Silver Medallion Beach Management
- ART qualified membe;
- IRBs on standby, not to be at water’s edge; no red and yellow flags up; where possible display messaging (white boards, swing signs etc)
- members to remain indoors where possible (or in vehicles or patrol tower etc)
- always maintain safe distancing and hygiene practices
- and the clubhouse to remain closed to non-patrolling members
We thank all members for their cooperation, and want to reiterate that these measures are being put in place to protect the safety and wellbeing of our active members and their families.
The Operations Team also encourages our members to read the resources on first responder safety and risk mitigation regarding communicable diseases:
Once again, we are exceptionally appreciative of everyone’s efforts at this time, particularly those members who are continuing to ensure that our beach is a safe place to swim. If you have any questions or comments please call or email Michael Henderson, Alex Buckley, Jacqui Dreher or Maddy Green.
Hendo: [email protected]
Bucks: [email protected]
Jacqui: [email protected]
Maddy: [email protected]
60th Anniversary Patrol Montage