Nippers Dates for Season 2021 / 22
The Fairhaven SLSC Nipper Program will run from Monday 27th December 2021 to Wednesday 5th January 2022.
The dates set out below are subject to change based on instructions from Life Saving Victoria and the State Government. At this stage, we expect to run one session on each of the scheduled nipper days from 10.00am to 12.00pm. If social distancing regulations dictate we may have to move some Age Groups further along the beach in order to be able to deliver the program or alter the time of the program.
Proposed Nippers Season Dates for 2021 / 2022 Season
The FSLSC Nipper Program for 2021/22 has yet to be approved by LSV, so session dates and times are indicative and are subject to change depending on logistics and restrictions.
- Sunday 26th Dec – New Nipper Gear Packs distribution (lower level of the Club House) (3 – 4pm)
- Monday 27th Dec – Session # 1 (10am – 12 noon)
- Monday 27th Dec – Comp Swim Proficiency (additional swim session if required) (3pm)
- Tuesday 28th Dec – Session # 2 (10am – 12 noon)
- Tuesday 28th Dec – Nippers play date at the beach (3pm) TBC – This is a social activity. It is not part of the Nippers Program. It is an informal opportunity for children to foster the friendships made during the Nippers program
- Tuesday 28th Dec – Comp Swim Proficiency (additional swim session if required) (3pm)
- Wednesday 29th Dec – Session # 3 (10am – 12 noon)
- Wednesday 29th Dec – Nippers Skills Session / Comp Training (3pm)
- Thursday 30th Dec – Session # 4 (10am – 12 noon)
- Thursday 30th Dec – Nippers play date at the beach (3pm) TBC – This is a social activity. It is not part of the Nippers Program. It is an informal opportunity for children to foster the friendships made during the Nippers program
- Thursday 30th Dec – Nippers Skills Session / Comp Training (3pm)
- Friday 31st Dec – Session # 5 (10am – 12 noon)
- Friday 31st Dec – Nippers Skills Session / Comp Training (3pm)
- Saturday 1st Jan – Rest Day
- Sunday 2nd Jan – Lorne Shield TBC
- Monday 3rd Jan – Session # 6 (10am – 12 noon)
- Monday 3rd Jan – Nippers Skills Session / Comp Training (3pm)
- Mon 3rd Jan – Nippers play date at the beach (3pm) TBC – This is a social activity. It is not part of the Nippers Program. It is an informal opportunity for children to foster the friendships made during the Nippers program
- Monday 3rd Jan – Nippers Pizza night (5pm – 9pm at the Club) TBC
- Tuesday 4th Jan – Club Championships U7-U13 (10am – 12 noon)
- Tuesday 4th Jan – Nippers Club Championships Presentation and Open Mic (3-5pm) TBC
- Wednesday 5th Jan – Session # 7, March Past, farewells and ice cream (10am – 12pm)
- Thursday 6th Jan – Nippers Skills Session / Comp Training for Cosy Corner (10am – 12 noon)
- Thursday 6th Jan – Packing the trailers for Cosy Corner Carnival (12 noon – 12.30pm – parental assistance required)
Note: The planned social events: beach play dates, Pizza Night and the Club Championships Presentation including the much loved Open Mic will be subject to mass gathering restrictions and as such are tentatively scheduled at this stage.
Nipper Carnival Dates 2021 / 22
Note: Due to COVID there is no guarantee that any or all Nipper Carnivals will run this season.
We encourage all our Nippers to have a go at a Carnival and will provide plenty of opportunities to train and improve for those that wish to compete in the State Championships both at the individual level and in the team events.
The Carnivals are held both in the Bay and on the Surf Coast. Fairhaven Nippers are usually only involved in the Carnivals that take place in January and February, however if you wish to enter one of the earlier Carnivals please email [email protected] and we will register you. There is an entry fee associated with each carnival.
At carnivals Nippers must compete in individual events in their own age group, but may go up one (1) age group to make up a team in team events.
|Sun 21st Nov 2021||U8-U13||Beach / Water||Mt Martha|
|Sun 28th Nov 2021||U9-Masters||Beach events only||Altona|
|Sun 5 Dec||U9-U13||Water||Ocean Grove|
|Fri 7th Jan 2022||U8-U13||Beach / Water||Cosy Corner|
|Sat 8th Jan 2022||Lorne Pier to Pub||Lorne|
|Sat 22nd Jan 2022||U8-U13||Beach / Water||Mordialloc|
|Sun 6th Feb 2022||U9-U13||Beach / Water||Point Leo|
|Sun 13th Feb||U13 – Open
|Beach / Water||Lorne|
|Friday 25th Feb||U9-U13||Nippers State Championships Day 1||Lorne|
|Saturday 26th Feb||U9-U13||Nippers State Championships Day 2||Lorne|
|Sunday 27th Feb||U9-U13||Nippers State Championships Day 3||Lorne|
Nipper Gear Packs for the 2021 / 22 Season
We regret that this season due to the uncertainty of being able to hold a nippers season and issues of supply and shipping and increased costs we are unable to supply gear packs to all nippers. We will only be issuing gear packs to new nippers.
We do have some uniform items left over from previous seasons, so if your child has grown out of their uniform and you are unable to “hand me down” from older siblings or family or friends please alert the Club Administrator Nicole Clarke at the time of registering (including the sizes required) and we will try and provide. Thank you for your understanding.
Mel Vallence & Tanya Singleton – [email protected]
Membership and Nipper queries:
Nicole Clarke – [email protected]